As hosts of the 36th National Garden Railway Convention, the Nashville Garden Railway Society has faced many challenges. The club President’s garden railroad was extensively damaged by a strong tornado and then the COVID-19 pandemic changed everything. Working in solidarity with the Denver Garden Railway Society and Bay Area Garden Railway Society, the 2020 Nashville event was postponed until 2021.
Produced exclusively by PIKO America, the 36th NGRC custom hopper car (similar to PIKO 38876) features plastic wheels, hook and loop couplers and is decorated with images of prominent Nashville landmarks. The Nashville, Chattanooga and St. Louis Railroad 576 steam locomotive is illustrated on the left side of the car. This locomotive is currently going through a complete restoration to full operating condition. Behind the 576 locomotive is the historic Nashville Union Station. The Nashville skyline with fireworks overhead and reflections on the Cumberland River is featured on the right side of the car, as is a sign from one of the Nashville Honky Tonk bars.
Special limited time pricing has been made available for the Central California Coast Garden Railroad Society with a minimum 20 piece group order before 20-Aug-2020.
- $68 each car for orders received at email@example.com before 20-Aug-2020
- This special price includes shipping to San Luis Obispo
- CCCGRS will distribute the cars in San Luis Obispo and Northern Santa Barbara Counties once received
- Each order helps our friends at the Nashville Garden Railroad Society
Pricing for persons interested in purchasing the convention car directly should reference the following:
- Individual cars – $70 + $29 UPS shipping
- Two cars – $130 + $32 UPS shipping
- Four cars – $250 + $32 UPS shipping
Please note the Nashville Garden Railroad Society has not made a final decision regarding production of a new 2021 NGRC car. This might be the only convention car produced for the 36th National Garden Railroad Convention.